THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 24, 2009

Something to talk about - Persistence of Vision

“I just need something to talk about until DFEST, and I’m a little sick of the local CD’s I have. Where should I go? Starship?” Nah, I’d go to Under the Mooch. . . “

This was the coffee pot talk as the week began. I had a few CD’s in mind--some I wanted to get, and others that had been suggested to me. At first I thought I see if I could find Western Heritage, but life won’t allow me the opportunity to attend DFEST Friday; so someone playing Saturday seemed the better choice.

My Solstice has really caught my interest lately but, since I haven’t been able to catch a live show and have had to settle with the chance air play on Edge Homegrown, their album Persistence of Vision seemed the obvious choice. All too often you buy new music, and you’re excited to get it, but as you play the CD the lyrics are so mundane that you go about what you’re doing and are not really sure what the songs about (other than that someone-loves-someone-else or, depending on your personal music style, maybe someone-hates-the world-and-the-world-hates-them-back.) I am relieved to tell you that’s not the case with these guys. Although they do stick with one basic theme throughout the CD, it actually had me sitting in my living room, reading the sleeve, and anxiously awaiting the next song. I certainly hope they win the ABoT award, and I will make sure I catch Saturday’s performance (which is technically Sunday) 1:10 am, at Route 66 Mother Roadhouse.

0 comments: