THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 31, 2009

The Nightlife

Another CD I picked up was by The Nightlife. At the time I had never heard of them, but I figured what’s $5.00 if it’s for a good cause? (And supporting local musicians is a good cause, right!) Honestly, I didn’t listen to the CD immediately; I saw them at Dfest before I got the chance--or at least I tried to see them at Dfest, but my sister made me leave so she could…um…find a trash can. But, in any case, the few songs we were able to hear enticed me to listen to the CD.

Their CD isn’t long, only five songs, but I believe they do have musical ability. I hope they continue to sharpen their song writing skills to match the musical talent I believe they possess. I fully intend to make it to a full show sometime. Like I said, they do have musical ability, and they do have some catchy lyrics. The lyric “. . . take my hand . . .” has been swimming around in my head all afternoon. So please have a listen for yourself, whether it’s at a live show or spending the $5.00 you found in the jeans you just washed to buy their CD; it’s all for a good cause.

0 comments: