THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, August 7, 2009

A hastily thrown together blog on success

Artists and musicians rarely become wealthy and although both, at least originally, set out with a zealous spirit about the path they’ve chosen doctors and lawyers don’t necessarily spend their days with a truly genuine smile. I must ask who is more successful? And how do you know?

I have thought a lot about this over the last several days and each time I conclude I for sure have the answer another thought comes along and sets me back to square one. I think about those I have known and known of. I think about all the things a person “should” have and be. Mostly though, I think, what is the purpose, why do we do what we do?

My final determination is that nothing mentioned above identifies a person as successful and that success cannot be measured by things seen. In reality, and hopefully after we’re long gone, the album that made him feel on top of the world will be moved to the bargain bin and become equally as worthless as the degree that earned her so much recognition but is now wrapped in bubble wrap, waiting for storage. For me success is defined by memories, most importantly the memories we acquire relaxing at home with family or out with friends. For me the truly successful person is the person who people tell and retell “remember when” stories about for years after they’ve passed and end each story with a smile bigger than the last.

0 comments: